Katherine and I go way back, so I was honoured when she asked me to do her hair and make up on her wedding day. Katherine and Brad (husband to be) had hired the beautiful Morland Hall for the weekend and had a fun-packed agenda for all of her wedding guests. Her wedding had a theme of fun and laughter running through it, which sums these two up to a tee.
The Wedding Hairstyle
Katherine has long hair but struggles to get volume, as it is very fine. We started by setting her hair on heated rollers, and once set we used hairpieces to add volume. I then pinned the hair into place, keeping it soft but with as much volume and hold as possible to make sure it lasted the whole day (and for most of the following day as well!). Katherine had chosen to wear a beautiful vintage bridal headband which I pinned into place. – this finished her 1920's glamour look perfectly.
The Wedding Make up
Katherine's make up was easy – she has beautiful eyes that did not need much accentuating. She wanted a smokey-look on her eyes, so I used nudes and brown colours to continue the overall soft look. I used a bronzer on her cheeks to further define her cheek bones and to give her a long lasting glow. I used a nude lip gloss to finish off her look.
The Excellent Wedding Suppliers
- Wedding Venue – Morland Hall – www.morland-hall.co.uk
- Wedding Photographer – Joe Mather - www.joemather-photography.co.uk
- Wedding Entertainment – Howard Wing - www.howardwing.co.uk
- Wedding Videographer – Rebecca Reville – www.rebeccareville.com
- Wedding Entertainment – Clay Pigeon Shooting at The Wild Boar - +44 7814 030249